Habitat House Build #107
1241 Caldwell Road, Angleton, TX
May 10, 2018
The slab is now ready for our next Habitat home build scheduled to start Thursday, May 10, 2018, at 1241 Caldwell Road in Angleton. This will be the 3rd house built this year and the 107th Habitat house built in our local area since 1991.
The most work for volunteers is during the first 5-6 days of the build, especially on week days. Towards the end of the build, much of the work is done by contractors.
Sign-in, devotional, and breakfast are 7:30 to 8:00 a.m. each day at the big hospitality tent at the site. Work starts about 8:00 a.m. and runs until about 4:00 p.m. However, you can come and go at any time.
Any and all volunteers of any skill level are welcome to participate on any of the work days. There will be skill leaders present to direct the work and to show anyone how to do an unfamiliar job. Most tools will be provided, however, you might want to bring your own hammer, tape and/or tool belt if you have them. So, find a job you want to do or take advantage of on-the-job training, and come help. Please note that there are age restrictions for safety reasons as follows:
- No one under 16 can be on an active construction site.
- No one under 18 is allowed to do any hazardous activities such as the use of power tools, roofing or working from a height of 6′ or more.
- Those 14-15 can do painting when there is no active construction work going on at the site, but should be supervised by an adult.
- Volunteers under 16 years old can help with landscape work if accompanied by an adult.
- All volunteers must have a signed waiver to work. Waivers for minors must be signed by parents/guardians and notarized.
If you have not done so in the last year, adults will also need to compl